At the Observatory Practice, we offer Self-Hypnosis for Childbirth, or Hypno-Birthing sessions.
Hypnotherapy can help you to engage more fully with the process of giving birth, so that you can remain focused and in control, and you feel more able to trust that your body knows how to give birth. It can help to lower blood pressure, and allow you to deal more effectively with pain. Pain creates resistance in the uterine muscles, so the more relaxed and calm you are, the more strongly these muscles will contract.
Hypno-Birthing Sessions with Jo Perry
Jo is a professional Hypno-Birthing Practitioner (and a Mum!). Jo offers Hypno-Birthing classes to expectant mothers and their birth partners.
During the session, Jo will teach you a number of helpful techniques to ensure that you are as calm, confident and in control as possible throughout your pregnancy and birth, and beyond.
There are many benefits of having Hypno-Birthing sessions, including:
- Learning breathing techniques, and self-hypnosis techniques to use throughout the labour and birth.
- Feeling more confident and relaxed about giving birth.
- Dealing with any unhelpful beliefs or fears.
- De-traumatise previous experiences if necessary.
- Improved sleep
- Improved energy levels
- Free relaxation and birthing hypnotherapy tracks to use throughout therapy and birth
Benefits to birthing partners include:
- Birthing partners can come along to sessions and learn techniques to help during labour
- Birthing partner also feel calmer and prepared for birth
- Birth partners can take an active and supportive role, and provide strength and assistance throughout the birth.
Benefits to baby:
- If the birth is relatively calm, the baby will tend to stay calm, quiet and alert after the birth.
- If the mother is calm, the baby will benefit from higher levels of oxygenation and reduced levels of stress hormones.
- A calm birth greatly assists with the bonding that takes place afterwards.
Jo has completed the Professional Hypnotherapy-Birthing in Practice Level 1 course with Anne Bayati, as well as a professional CPD in Self-Hypnosis for Childbirth.
Jo offers a free Initial Consultation for Hypno-Birthing. Get in touch now to book in.